Lack of Dryer maintenance is the leading cause of dryer fires. Dryer lint is cited as the leading material to ignite.
Dryer Vent Fires may be caused by:
- Failure of mechanical and/or electrical parts within the dryer
- Improper materials placed in the dryer
- Insufficient airflow as a result of improper installation
Advance Warning Signs
- Clothes (especially towels or jeans) take a very long time or longer than normal to dry.
- Clothes are hotter than usual at the end of the cycle.
- Flapper on vent hood doesn’t open when dryer is on.
Prevent Dryer Fires and Extend your Dryer Life by having your Dryer Vent cleaned and inspected by The Mad Hatter. A trained Mad Hatter technician will properly clean and inspect your dryer vent making sure it is free of lint and the dryer is vented properly.
Save Money and Extend the Life Cycle of Your Dryer
Proper Ventilation and Cleaning of your Dryer Vent help to achieve maximum performance, which could extend the life of your dryer. When clothes are given the appropriate amount of air, they dry quicker and more efficiently. This results in less electric or gas usage from your dryer. There’s also less wear and tear on your clothing, increasing the life of your clothing.